Goal for this week
- bar 44 of New York
- Bb major contrary motion and all similar motions
Long term goal
Do Grade 4 exam early 2021.
Notes 26 Oct
- evenness – rhythm (Steady stream), all the notes are the same volume (watch out for thumb!)
- Do all contrary motions this week
- you can turn off wrong notes in ‘settings’
- try level 3 or above.
- still main emphasis on learning, challenge is getting up to bar 43 by yourself
- staccato here bar 1
- large dynamic differences from bar 5
- GRADUALLY louder in bar 8
- staccato in bar 11-12
Let the Good Times Roll
- keep track of rhythm
- bar 8 rhythm ‘ti ta, ta’
Notes 19 Oct 2020
- get into a habit of doing 4 octaves.
- I will test all scales similar motion next week.
- A main feature of practice should still be small sections but READING correctly.
- bar 11, no Eb
- bar 19 onwards, you need to watch for Bbs
- watch for F# in bar 30 onwards
- goal is bar 30 hands together, bar 36 hands seperate.
Let The Good Times Roll
- Make sure
Notes 12 Oct 2020
- C# harmonic minor
Let the Good times Roll
- Rhythm mistakes bar 1-2 and bar 7-8, fix by clapping or listening to recording carefully
- keep staccatos soft, accents loud
- dynamic bar 12 and 17 for soft, get much softer! (as soft as possible)
New York New York
- When reading important to:
- know how it goes (listen)
- practice seperate hands
- read notes carefully (note chart)
- B flats
- get up to bar 29 hands separate