Goal for this week
- carefully practice scales
- carefully practice twilight
Long term goal
Do Grade 4 exam early 2021.
Abigail’s Amazing Aural Assessment Advice
- 2nd – scale
- 3rd – o when saints
- 4th – amazing grace
- 5th – twinkle twinkle lil star
- 6th – my bonnie
- 7th – weird
- 8th – somewhere over the rainbow
Notes 15 Dec
- 4TH FINGER RULE PLEASE
- in general, need to increase speed as well
- melodic minor, do brackets on the way down
- scales are starting to become careless. please be careful this holiday!
- if the scales are going to be careless, do not do them at all
- in general, very good. Keep practicing in small bits and READ that notes are correct. Present in good condition in 2021.
- STILL be careful about articulation, especially staccato.
- after bar 30, for some reason there are suddenly a lot of wrong notes. See music for markings on page.
- add pedal when marked
Let the Good Times Roll
- bar 1-4, watch articulation
- still, dynamics need greater exaggerated. accents are good though! rem
- in 2021, we have a look at the detailed rhythms
- in 2021, we will look at details. details and attention
Notes 7 Dec
- generally, keep working on them
- last line, very similar to before but just check where you are.
- bar 21, watch out for when LH stretches past 1 octave
Notes 30 Nov
- overall need to check fingering on ALL scales. Quality of fingering is poor.
- Present the three scales in the weekly goal next week with correct fingering!
- reading here is good, however again watch out for fingering.
- bar 20 hands together, bar 24 hands sep
Notes 23 Nov
- look carefully when doing Bb major arpeggio/contrary
- E major fix fingering. 4th finger rule!
- Scales might need to pick up pace
- all note learning today. See goal on weekly goal
- with articulation (dots and slurs), don’t get into bad habits. Try being very careful
- Also be careful with dynamics, especially difficult ones
- 1st page needs careful work, 2nd and 3rd pages are pretty easy