When will lessons return to in-person?
Lesson cannot occur yet under the 18 Oct changes. Concessions have not yet been made for in-person lessons or house visits.
It is currently unclear how the house visits allowed on 1 Nov will affect lessons. I will update you once the industry members are able to clarify this.
In the current roadmap, which may now be outdated, studio lessons were planned in the ‘Last Step’. This however is subject to change.
For creative studios with classes, onsite learning allowed with density quotient and safety measures in place only in the Last Step.
I currently want online lessons. Will this still be available?
Yes, online lessons will still be available even after return to in-person lessons.
When lesson return to in-person, what sanitation procedures are there?
- Before and after each lesson, keys and piano surfaces are wiped down with a disinfecting wipe. This is also done for the seat and any other surfaces that may be used throughout the lesson period.
- Students are required to either sanitise or wash hands before the lesson. Hand sanitiser will be provided
- I will be distanced about 2 meters away from the student at my own separate piano.
- Windows will be opened for ventilation.
- I will be wearing a mask during the lesson for your safety.
Mask usage during lesson for students will not be mandatory as space and ventilation are sufficient and physical exertion is generally low.
Will there be a concert this year?
We have already skipped our Term 2 concert and replaced it with an online ‘Student of the Week’ program. It is too early to say whether there will be an end of year concert at this current time.
How do exams work now?
Exams will be online for the remainder of the year. The requirements are different to traditional exams which unfortunately omits technical work, aural, sight-reading and general knowledge. You can read more here: https://ameb.vic.edu.au/video-examinations/ or watch the video below.