Goal for this week
- Haydn, get soft dynamic and be careful with phrase endings. practice for no mistakes
- Soir, increase speed and be very careful texture
- Experiment with rubato in Andantino. I will check it this week.
Long term goal
Get Grade 6 done this year.
Notes 19 Oct 2020
- needs to sound more sneaky. This can be done simply by doing softs softer
- don’t suddenly jump at the end of phrases
- this is a bit risky, we can reduce risk by:
- Slow practice
- zero-threshold practice
- increase speed. this makes everything easier
- maximise phrasing
- get LH AS SOFT AS POSSIBLE. this requires a lot of effort
- bar 29, mush everything together
- you can add rubato in certain places
- keep up speed
- good to try rubato when doing any crescendo. This highlights any intense sections
- This one will work as long as you keep up speed and do clear dynamics. Can use soft pedal in softs
- metronome in mid 80s
Notes 12 Oct 2020
- Metronome at 192
- bar 30, less on mf, be PLAYFUL. All triplets should be evenly spaced out
- instead of going very loud, focus more on AS SOFT AS POSSIBLE
- Still need a lot of metronome work, but you are getting there
- Avoid harshness. Sometimes can add weight with more LH
- Don’t slow down bar 26
- lots of phrasing!
- Metronome at 192 as well
- Phrasing watch, keep it consistent. Keep it smooth, anticipate movement. Keep it dolce (sweet) all the time.
- Add rubato for majestic feeling
- LH soft all the time for creepy feeling bars 1-8
- bar 9, smooth phrasing, not aggressive on fz, don’t lift pedal early. fz is mostly in RH.
- bar 13-15, commit to voicing top note
- bar 19-20, more phrasing going up. Bar 20, silence in rests.
- bar 21-22 can be a bit more aggressive
- check pedalling bar 27. missing A#. Slow down a lot in riten.
- bar 33, don’t go too aggressive
- bar 43, missing notes in LH, more phrasing in 43-44.
- bar 4 don’t slow down.
- Basically, go metronome at 192 and don’t slow down for anything. Do 8 bars at a time. Up to the end of the first page
Haydn general notes
- Don’t slow down when you get louder
- mf not too loud
- pause bar 67 can be louder
- softs can be softer, don’t jump off so much.
- still needs metronome work at 192