Goal for this week
- Giga, go to end
- Bb harmonic minor learn
- Fix G# melodic minor
Long term goal
- Grade 5 Exam Mid 2021
Notes 20 Oct
- notes, please check
- Still work on getting triplets evenly spread.
- start from the middle, not just the start to make sure everything is high quality.
- check wrong notes on second page, often we are reading the wrong clef
- bar 14 onwards, less intense, which means less phrasing
- start pedalling pattern. Sometimes in these sections check your bottom note
Notes 13 Oct
- 5B, notes are still incorrect in the same spots. Refer to last week’s notes. Also start LH, don’t do small notes yet
- G# harmonic minor is still incorrect, please refer to the original
- New scale Bb harmonic minor
- the second page, you need to make sure that you carry accidentals over. It might be handy to write the accidentals in (we’ve done that today)
- for the first page, there are ‘habit gaps’ that we do all the time, for example in bar 6
- go slow and eliminate gaps, then increase speed.
- Goal is to try to eliminate gaps in this one and improve second page. Would be good to try to get the entire thing hands together.
Notes 6 Oct
- see circled areas for notes to fix
- G# melodic minor, check G# note
- Db major do 4 octaves instead of 3
- Phrasing ideas are good. Continue to exaggerate like this:
- bar 6 check note, should be C
- bar 10 tie in LH
- bar 12, tie and make sure notes are correct
- bar 17, B natural
- Notes to check bar 9-10
- there is a lot of gaps bar 17 onwards, listen to recording carefully