Goal for this week
- Line by line practice Theme
- G major scale
- present mini toccata
Long term goal
- none yet
Notes 1 Dec
New Scale: G major. LH scales need more work in general
Mini toccata: present next week
- bar 7 LH, make sure C is in the right spot
- before any expressive details come in, it must be technically proficient. This is best done by line by line playing. 10x play each line until good.
Notes 24 Nov
New scale: A harmonic minor
- bar 4, check LH note direction
- bar 7, LH, check direction
- try one line at a time, without gaps. Start VERY SLOW without gaps, then speed up
- this is the sole goal for this week, do line by line. a
Notes 17 Nov
Keep going with C major and A natural minor
- last bar, remove bottom note of chord
- there are some notes in the wrong position: see picture below for circled notes
Notes 10 Nov
New Scale: A natural minor. Same fingering, different notes
- You will need to check LH directions this week
- Practice this week to get it faster
- You’re on the right track!
Notes 3 Nov
- Keep reading!
- Listen to the recording and see whether you can make it sound the same
- Play Note Rush to improve your reading
- Do C major. Try to get finger numbers correct. One octave.