Goal for this week
- Eb major
- Textures in Nuvole Bianche
Long term goal
- we’ll see
Notes 30 Nov
Scale: Eb major
- Opening is not pp, but mp. Can have full chord interaction.
- Tendency to slow down bar 25
- bar 30 LH Eb
- pause and riten, exaggerated ‘pit stop’ bar 34
- texture in final section, not too thick. less left hand
- increasing pendulum motion is fine tuned. listen very carefully. we are not dealing with ‘quantified’
Violet Evergarden thing
- balance RH melody, then phrase if possible
Notes 23 Nov
- bar 3-4, pause, maybe rit? voice top
- bar 21, don’t slow down
- bar 30 Eb LH
Notes 16 Nov
Scale: B major
- texture is critical and around the idea of what poco cresc and accel mean
- LH can stay soft for nearly the entire piece.
- bar 21, remember 12/8, divide into 4 lots of 3
Notes 9 Nov
- broadly, just present as much as you can. Quality is not yet a big factor here.
Notes Nov 3
- This piece is all about comedic expression. Generally exaggerated dynamics and really accurate articulation.