Goal for this week
- Finish 2nd page of Tanis, improve notes
- Get phrasing in Moonlight Serenade
Long term goal
- Grade 5 by end of year
Notes 21 Oct
- bar 1, add small note and check LH length
- 2nd page, check WHERE the note is and WHICH CLEF it is. This applies for everything and is still the biggest issue for the entire learning.
- It may help doing a note chart.
- We’ve learned everything today officially!
- big difference between front and middle sections in terms of story and dynamics. Aim to hit loud points hard, but keep soft bits soft.
Notes 14 Oct
- bar 6-7 check LH spot
- check notes bar 17
- bar 23 onwards, still keep up those good practice habits that we did today, two bars at a time and be careful.
- bar 31, be careful, there are two bass clefs
- Make sure swing rhythm is correct in 14, long then short
- do phrasing REALLY big here, for SUPER expression. We want to follow the different directions of the piece. Be brave in the mf sections