Long Term Goal
- grade 3
- mostly accurate
- as this is an extra piece, focus on just getting notes right first
Last extra: La poupee
- watch left hand bar 6
- on the right track
- aim to do hands together this one, this is the main challenge of the exercise
- watch for missing flats
- practice of very poor quality this week, did you try to make sure that it was correct? was it slow and steady?
- avoid careless practice!
For concert: Gavotte
- speed unstable and too fast
- causing a lot of mistakes
- go at a comfortable speed
- once we have stable notes, it will be easier to do dynamics
- sectional practice AT STABLE SPEED
- bar 7-8
- bar 9-12
- bar 15-16
- piece taking longer to learn because of bad practice methods
- 2nd page dynamic much softer. check dynamics carefully
- watch for E flats
- wait on crotchets
- try to combine hands this week
3C: start this week
- lift LH crotchet in bar 11
- check bar 14 RH chord
- generally good standard though
- check LH bar 7-8
- bar 9, LH should be perfectly legato
- lift at the ends of slurs bar 1-8
New piece (extra list): Study
- check ALL fingering for this one!
- extra list are non-assessed pieces, but are desgined to have wider breadth of pieces
- focus on coordinating hands together, watch all fingerings, watch for flats in LH
- do hands together this week. focus on loose wrist and light pleasant sound. notes lightly seperated
- a little bit inaccurate today, watch for flats and fingering
- first page needs slow and secure slow practice, becoming more inaccurate
- likely to get worse with current practice. strong warning!
- 2nd page be accurate with dynamics and staccato and slurs
- for greater control in RH, have curved fingers
- bar 11 staccatos
- eric figured out half way that it needs to be more accurate, so he went slower by himself 🙂
- fingering LH bar 27
- lift at the end of slus
- bar 6-8 LH notes
- bar 9, connect notes in slurs in LH
- good progress, continue on same path more scales hands together
- practice 3A, start 3B hands separately
- aim for absolute RH evenness, swing should always be the same
- LH missing bar 9
- bar 14 RH Db chord
- articulation in RH
- dynamics, to be accurate, plan them out (see marking on page)
- ending, make sure there are no gaps
- for stability try at a slower speed
Great progress through first two pieces. New piece: Fable.
- good progress through scales
- bar 9-12 a danger zone
- keep quavers even
- avoid mistakes in bar 11-12
- staccato 11-12 LH
- check LH bar 3
- decent flow going on 🙂
- check Db right hand bar 14
- are you doing the last note in bar 16 RH?
- bar 26, triplets should come directly after one another
- maybe try slower this week
- fingering very dodgy 😦
- just do hands seperate this week
- even scales are when the notes come one after another. Is this even?
- still make sure all staccatos are separated, not joined
- watch rhythm bar 7-12. quavers should be even, should sound like they come equally after one another
- second page, make sure slurs have gaps if they are seprated. is every staccato short?
- lift at the end of every slur
- first two lines solid forte
- phrase LH parts based on how high the notes are (see LH hairpins)
- try to finish this week
We got our final tick 🙂
- good effort, can focus on Gr 3 now 🙂
- first page all about articulation
- dots staccato
- lines, tenuto (long note)
- watch articulation, fingering and key signature second page
New song to try on holidays: Banjo Tune
Scales: try as many as possible
- tick today 🙂
- slow, then slowly increase
- try for tick next week
New song: Gavotte
- when doing sectional, also try to do perfect runs, instead of just running through them
- when trying for a tick, choose a medium speed rather than a fast one
- maybe one more week!
- this is really good!
- just need a bit more work focusing on line 4 and 5
- maybe next week as well :)?
- ti ti quavers at the end of lines too slow (bar 3-4, 7-8)
- clap rhythm then play
- bar 9 onwards, issue is technical, get rid of gaps
- seems to be caused by left hand, practice separately
- getting much better overall 🙂 very close to being done
- listen to which parts are going wrong, see below for self-reflection
- are we going too fast?
- what bits need to be practised separately? what bits are fine?