Goal for this week
- practice all scales
- Rainbow Connection: up to the top of second page
Long term goal
- Grade 5 exam, early 2021
Notes 24 Oct
- Good: not stopping
- Could be better: dynamics/some stops
- continue to work on arpeggios and all scales, make sure arpeggios are 4 octaves
- con pedale – with pedal, use your instincts
- bar 8, watch out for tie
- goal is up to the top of the second page
- best thing to do this week is understand how these sections connect. Try slower, but all connected with same speed.
- Sometimes there will be a metronome in your LH, use that to check
- bar 50-52 is still incorrect RH
Notes 17 Oct
- do contrary motion and all arpegios
- do STOPS test, can I get through this part without STOPS
- do DYNAMICS test, can I do the dynamics well? Don’t lift high on the soft bits. Do soft bits quick and soft and remember to go
- If you can do both these things, then that is 90% is the work
- bar 12, slur must be smooth with pedal.
- bar 23, suprise, no cresc
- After the recording, we will focus more on the other two pieces
- LH softer in the background bar 1
- Tika Tika Tika Ti rhythm bar 19. Make sure RH is under LH so you can do this.
- There are still the same missing notes
Notes 10 Oct
- C melodic minor LH, 4 on D
- Contrary motion, try hands separate before putting them together
- Try Eb major arpeggio as well, but focus on contrary motion
- Still needs much more dynamics, especially soft bits. Think is this as soft as I can go?
- Need to get it constant, follow these steps
- Think no gaps!
- Go slow, but with no gaps
- Try small sections
- bar 35 RH octave higher
- Recording for student of the week 24 Oct
- bar 19, missing note RH
- bar 47 make sure extra top notes are correct
- we will have a look at more expression next week.